Saturday, July 25, 2009

Getting Bigger



Hailey is almost 3 months - July 30th - I can not believe she is this big already. I was thinking the other day when we first brought her home and she would sleep in our arms for hours just scrunched up, legs up, nice and cozy. Now I feel like she's a stiff board most of the time when I hold her...apparently this is something she gets from her mother :) She loves to look around and likes to just watch everything and everyone. She is always arching her back off of me so she can get a look. I read to her every day, she loves her numbers book, she just lights up when I open it up and her legs go like crazy. She's starting to laugh a little more frequent now but she still makes me work for it.

The 8-13 pound diapers are so tight on her so she's graduated to the next size. I can't believe how much she is growing! She's found her hands...well almost, she seems to see them but can't control them yet. She knows to place her thumb or finger into her mouth and suck or chew on it an
d she rubs her eyes now but she won't follow her hands yet. It's so cute to see, some times she just has this look on her face as if she's in awe of her own fingers. She's so cute! I love watching her progress like this. She has graduated from cooing to making this weird screeching sound that sometimes sounds like a yell or laugh or cry.

She is still sleeping through the night but randomly waking up at 3:30 in the morning whining. I almost went into her room to feed her because it had been at least 4-5 hours since her last feeding but I stopped myself. I really don't want to start up middle of the night feedings again. She is capable of making it through the night so I let her whine for a little while and she fell back asleep until 7:0
0ish. Thank goodness I didn't get her, that was the first time I've ever been tempted to go in and feed her because I was soooo tired I just wanted to sleep but I waited and it paid off. She's been doing this the past few nights but I'm told by other mommies that this will pass.

I was telling Brad how blessed / lucky I am that I am able to stay home with her. I would miss so much if I wasn't able to be around her as much as I am. She's such a joy to be around and always makes me smile. There is no greater feeling then when she realizes I'm smiling and talking to her and she breaks out into a big smile, showing off that dimple of hers.

I decided to step on the scale the other day so I prepped myself, telling myself I may have put on weight and to be mentally prepared for a weight gain. But to my surprise I've lost a few more!! I am so excited that I only have 2-3 pounds left to be at my start weight. I've been running a little, playing basketball once a week and trying to do strength training 2 times a
week so I have been working hard. Not being able to eat dairy and soy also help too! Just shows me how hard it is to take the weight off so it helps me be more disciplined when it comes to eating. I've learned to actually look at a label before I pop something in my mouth and not to just eat to eat (what I did while I was pregnant some times). Not sure if this new found discipline will last when I am done nursing but we'll see.

Brad is continuing to be an amazing dad and husband. He always wants me to make sure I have time to myself and takes Hailey while I run errands or go work out. I'm so lucky to have him!

1 comment:

  1. You are both amazing parents! We are so proud of you. Hailey is so beautiful and thank you so much for keeping us in the loop of her development. nana ogden

    ReplyDelete