Monday, July 6, 2009

Two Month Doctor Appointment


I actually had to set my alarm for the first time in two months. When it went off I was so tempted to just turn it off and go back to sleep, thinking to myself I can just sleep for ten more minutes I'll be able to wake myself up then...no chance of that happening so I pulled myself out of bed to go check on our little girl. Hailey was wide awake...sideways in her bed. Brad has gone in one morning and found her
grabbing a hold of the rails. We aren't sure how she's managed to do this consistently but there she is...every morning...sideways. Sleep seems to go by so quickly...didn't I just go to bed and now I'm up again already??? It seems the more I get the more my body craves.
It was all my fault, I was the on e who made the doctors appointment at 8:30 am Monday! I wanted Brad to be there because it was her two month appointment and that meant she was to get all of her shots. I just sweat thinking about getting shots for myself so I knew I could not handle being in the room when she got hers.
So our little girl is now two months weighing in at 12 lbs 15 oz. her length is 24 inches and her head is 39 cm. She has gained almost two pounds in one month and grew about 2 inches as well.
I thought that I would forget my questions for the doctor but they all came flooding into my head and then some. I'm sure she gets asked this silly questions by worried-over protective first time mommies like myself but I just couldn't help myself. I was worried Hailey had a cold...but she sounds great, looks great and had a great check up.
I am to stay on my soy free, dairy free diet until she is 4-6 months old. About 4 months I will begin to phase in soy but I am so reluctant to do so. I do miss my DQ but it's more then worth it to have a happy baby.
So the time came for the shots and I just grabbed the bag and bee-lined it for the door, I didn't want to be around for that. I can't even handle it when Kosmo gets his needles. Brad stayed in there with her, he is such a great husband. I am so blessed and I appreciate him more and more each day, I just love to see him interact with his daughter - so precious.
Brad said she handled it like a champ and probably only cried because her arms and legs were pinned down and not because of the shots. That is one thing I've learned about our little girl, she is a mover and doesn't like people holding her down. When I feed her I try to pin her arm down so she doesn't grab and scratch what she shouldn't :) but she HATES it. Our little head strong girl...what fun we'll have in the future :) I'm sure I can just ask my own mother about this.
So the appointment went great and I am so thankful the dreaded shots are over with. She's handled them so well, I expected a very fussy baby today but she's been great even now she is passed out on the couch, arms above her head sleeping. I was supposed to feed her an hour ago but she is sleeping like it's Sunday afternoon (...that's definitely from her father).

No comments:

Post a Comment