Thursday, August 11, 2011

Patient Pants

It never crossed my mind that I wasn't patient, I just assumed that I was. I felt I had patience oozing out of me when she was first born. I could handle her crying for hours and not loose it. But now I find myself praying for an extra serving of it from the good Lord almost every morning.

Hailey has recently figured out how loud she can screech for no reason randomly throughout the day. I feel like my ears are beside a loud speaker at a concert when she's done. As annoying as it is, most of the time its hard not to laugh. She cracks me up every day. She makes hilarous faces while eating dinner and of course tests the limits to see how far she can push the food out of her mouth or how far she can jam her fingers down her throat since yours truly reacted to her liking the first time she did that. She now pretends to gag all the time. My heart about came out of my chest the first few times she did it.

When she gets really impatient and starts whining I tell her to put her patient pants on. When she was younger we used to dance around to our made up patient pants song, now she just shimmey's her shoulders. If only her mother could dance then she'd have some real good moves in her repertoire by now.

Once again the lessons I'm trying to teach my little girl are currently what I'm struggling to get. I'm feeling really anxious and impatient about our Greencard/Visa process. We are waiting to hear about our Visa extension and of course it's taking forever to find out, we have 15 business days to find out and its now the 14/15 day and still no word. I think among the MANY lessons this Greencard process has taught me it's to be patient, wait on the Lord and His timing. BUT I still find myself obsessing over it in my mind, going over potential scenerios and just feeling like I'm going to pop if I don't find out soon. You think I'd learn by now but nope, still learning and still trying to relax.

Perhaps I should put my patient pants on again today, keep my head down and keep praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment